Hope and Help for Families and Friends of Problem Drinkers
Alcoholism is a complex problem, with many related issues. Al-Anon can help you learn how to cope with the challenges of someone else’s drinking.
The Al-Anon Family Groups are a fellowship of relatives and friends of alcoholics who share their experience, strength, and hope in order to solve their common problems. We believe alcoholism is a family illness and that changed attitudes can aid recovery. Al-Anon is not allied with any sect, denomination, political entity, organization, or institution; does not engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any cause. There are no dues for membership. Al-Anon is self-supporting through its own voluntary contributions.
Al-Anon has but one purpose: to help families of alcoholics. We do this by practicing the Twelve Steps, by welcoming and giving comfort to families of alcoholics, and by giving understanding and encouragement to the alcoholic.
Focus on Alateen
Although our local Cape Girardeau area group does not currently offer official Alateen meetings, Alateens (aged 13-18) are welcome at any of our regular Al-Anon meetings. If young people are present, Al-non members are committed to sharing their own experience, strength and hope in an age-appropriate manner.
Current Group Meeting Schedule
Face to Face Meetings
Held in our physical meeting room at 819 N. KINGSHIGHWAY, CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (Awnings Bldg. lower level, accessed from the back of the building)
- Tuesday Noon CST: Step/Tradition Study & Discussion
- Speaker on Last Tuesday of the Month
- Wednesday 5:30 pm CST: Discussion
- Thursday Noon CST: Discussion
- Friday 7:00 pm CST: Book Study of …In All Our Affairs, Making Crises Work for You
- Al-Anon Birthday Celebration Meeting on Last Friday of the Month
Group Conscience/Business Meetings
Held in our physical meeting room at 819 N. KINGSHIGHWAY, CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO
- First Monday of each odd Month 5:30pm CST (next meeting on 9/11/23 due to holiday)
Conference Call Meetings
Just call 862.799.9935 a few minutes before the scheduled start time.
- Daily 7:45 am CST: Morning Meditations